Swim CoveredI know how much you all love slipping into a teeny bikini or stuffing yourself into a European style Speedo, but in case you'd like an alternative, let me introduce you to my swimming attire of choice...a rash guard and swim tights (board shorts if you're a guy). Years ago, when I first started wearing a full body suit for swimming, there were only a select few on the market. They were all bright blue and had no shape whatsoever. I looked like I was wearing outdoor furniture covers. It was humiliating, to say the least. But NOW, there's good stuff! Many surf companies make great looking (and fitting) rash guards and more and more big chains like Target carry rash guards for kids (please, stick with long-sleeve). The bottoms are a bit more challenging to find, but I've got a few recommendations that look like black leggings. My girls have stopped fighting me and my husband has followed suit...literally.
- Athleta's Summer Shade Tee- Long-sleeved rash guard for swimming, surfing or paddle boarding. This is a medium fit, meaning it's not skin tight.
- Coolibar's Water Jacket- I like that this one zips all the way down. It makes it a lot easier to take off after a swim.
- O'Neil Basic Skins- Great if you're looking for a tight fit rash guard.
- Long Sleeve Long Leg Full Body Suit- This takes some commitment, but I actually really love it. Full body coverage, easy zip in and out and you look like a surfer wearing a wet suit. You could schlep around a surf board and no one would be the wiser!
- Coolibar's Swim Capris- Capri length swim tights. These look great with the Water Jacket or even a standard cover-up top. -There is a full length version as well.
- Coolibar's Zip Front Swim Shirt- Full zip is really nice. Medium fit and lightweight.
- Long Sleeve Swim Shirt- Basic long sleeve swim shirt, solid color and no big logo (which is nice).
- Girl's Long-Sleeve Splash Guard- Cool pattern options, breathable and UPF 50+, ages 2-16.
- Boy's Long-Sleeve Splash Guard- ages 2-16.
- Swim Tights- Tight fit, great for a day at the beach. They say these are for boys, but who are they kidding!
- Toddler Mermaid Swim Romper- So cute for girls 12-18 months!
- Baby Skinz- Long-sleeve rash guards for ages 6-12 months and 12-24, colors for boys and girls.