Summer UPFSummer is here...well, for most of us! The point is, it's time to start preparing for hot weather. The good news is that there are fabulous new products that will keep you sun safe and looking great. Here are a few of my personal "must have pieces" for the season. And remember, if you don't want to spend money on clothing specifically designed for sun protection, look for items in your closet that are dark in color and have tight weaves. The downside to regular clothing is that it's hot. One of the main reasons UPF clothing is pricey is that it takes very specific fabric to block the UV rays and keep you cool.
- Mott 50 Marilyn Open Cardigan: It's not new, but it's a must. Soft, breathable, UPF 50 and a great piece to keep in your bag for long days in the sun.
- Mott 50 PaleGirl Track Pant: Yes, I'm slightly biased since I designed these pants, but I'm obsessed! UPF 50, super soft and perfect paired with a tank and the Marilyn Open Cardigan!
- Athleta Breezy Bomber: Love this UPF 50 bomber jacket over a tank dress for arm and shoulder protection.
- The Seea Doheny Aquaflor Rashguard: If you're a surfer - or just want to look like one - this rashguard is for you! It's made like a wetsuit so it's a tight fit. The fabric lasts and lasts with no fading or pilling.
- Billabong Skinny Sea Legs Surf Pant: Whether you're surfing the waves or chasing your kids around in the sand, these leggings are a must for long days at beach or pool.
- Tasc Performance Sideline Zip: A work-out shirt like no other. Perfect for hiking, running or yoga - it will keep you cool and looking good!